Overland Park Divorce Lawyers
Providing solutions during a difficult time
One of the most challenging and emotional matters an individual may face is protecting the rights and best interests of themselves and their family while going through divorce. The skilled Overland Park divorce lawyers at Stockton & Stern, LLC. are committed to helping you find the right solutions for the issues you face during divorce.
Types of divorce
Just as every marriage is unique, the process of divorce is different in every case, too. Even when the divorce is uncontested, there is usually challenging emotional concerns to face throughout the divorce process. Our divorce lawyers are available to help you through any divorce, including:
- Simple divorce Simple divorces, also known as uncontested divorces, occur when both parties to the divorce have already agreed to how issues in the divorce are to be handled including child custody and support, alimony, and property division.
- Contested divorce Unlike simple divorces, during a contested divorce the parties to the divorce disagree on one or all issues to be handled during the divorce process.
- High asset divorce When the parties to a divorce have significant assets, there are often many challenges involved in resolving issues such as division of property and support orders.
- Complex divorce When one or both parties to a divorce own a professional practice, a family business, or a large estate there are often much more complex issues to resolve during the divorce process. Sometimes the divorce process is also complex unnecessarily because of dramatic or combative behaviors of the other spouse.
No matter what type of divorce you face, our family law attorneys are dedicated to providing you with compassionate, reliable representation. We have helped many families in both contested and uncontested divorces throughout Eastern Kansas.
Complicated issues involved in the divorce process
There are many issues which may arise during the divorce process, and the results of these issues may have devastating and lasting impacts on your family. Common issues needing to be decided during a divorce include:
- Child support Determining the amount of child support to be ordered is a complicated process. We help you navigate the Kansas child support guidelines and protect your financial security.
- Child custody Child custody issues are often one of the most emotional challenges during a divorce. Creating a child custody plan that grows with the needs of your family as your children grow is the best way to ensure you are always there for your children.
- Alimony Also known as spousal support and spousal maintenance. We help you navigate state guidelines to ensure your ordered amount of support is appropriate.
- Property division Deciding who should get what in a divorce is often difficult. We help protect your property rights and ensure a fair division of property.
You need the experience of a skilled family law attorney to protect your rights and the best interests of your family when these difficult issues are being negotiated and decided.
Compassionate Overland Park divorce lawyers guide you every step of the way
If you are going through a divorce, you need the guidance of a skilled family law attorney to help you through the process. The compassionate divorce attorneys at Stockton & Stern, LLC. have the experience necessary to act as your trusted advisors, protecting your best interests and finding real solutions. Our Overland Park divorce attorneys are knowledgeable in todays family law statutes needed to maximize and protect your rights. To schedule a confidential appointment, call us at 913-856-2828 or contact us online today. We have offices in Gardner and Overland Park.